Tuesday 18 December 2012

Sewing.....

.....don't laugh!

Aza therapy arrived tonight at Allington Rd.  Our lovely very talented, creative friend Aza arrived to start us off on making books to fill with memories of Ella.

Tonight was all about the pages - lots of ripping, water, paint and sloshing around.  Quite easy, very therapeutic and even me as a not very creative person - managed that bit!

The next stage might be a little more challenging for me (not for Sophie and Annie) - it involves a wide variety of things - including sewing - as some of my closest friends know - sewing is not one of my strengths.  However, I can try to "GET BETTER" at it.

The books are a la style of an artist called Francis Pickering  don't think I will be taking commissions just yet.  Anyway, the point is for a couple of hours we painted, concentrated, laughed and thought about Ella a lot but in a very positive lovely way, rather than the deep down painful missing way.

PS Brian banished to kitchen, Christmas tree in respite from battering and general savagery!






5 comments:

  1. Her (Francis Pickering) books look great Jo...... Now it's down to you Soph! Uncle Jim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic! Will you be sharing the finished books? If so, I look forward to seeing them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of those books! Might just have a go myself (if I can find an Aza down here!) Love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, I've been reading this post daily (obviously not in work time!!) and wanted you to know how much me and all of the team in London are thinking of you. We cant do much but, after reading this post, we have arranged for a "sewing for beginners" book to be delivered to head office for you to pick up! Hopefully this will help you "GET BETTER" at sewing haha! Love and thoughts are with you all, Emma and the SACO London team (including past and present!!!!) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well how encouraging is that! Looking forward to seeing you al in 2013 in London or Bristol. Lots of love to you all and wishing you all a lovely xmas. xx
      PS - did you ever get the blood donning marathon up and running?

      Delete