Monday 4 February 2013

Run 4 Ella

Hi all

There are now over 50 people signed up to run/walk/jog the Bristol 10k......I think we could get to 70 or 80.  Maybe the biggest team ever in the history of the race???

Mark Kennedy has set up a Run 4 Ella team page on the Remembering Ella Redman Just Giving page.

If you want to collect sponsorship via this method, then you can join Mark's team and set up your own just Giving Page - I have done it  Jo Redman  and it was quite easy!  Although I have not been able to re size a photo of myself or anything to put on my page to replace the training shoe image!

All out individual totals will then add up to the collective Run 4 Ella total.  I think we can raise at least £5,000 at this event.  If 50 people raise £50 each - £2,500, and if 100 people raise £100 - £5,000.  Job done and not to much pressure to harass people for money.  Of course we could raise more.....

Hope that all makes sense, let us know if you have any questions.

We will be getting the most outlandish T Shirts printed for people to buy and run in, we will also have a "camp" on the day of the event for us all to meet at before the race and we are looking to find a venue for us all to meet in afterwards.  Anyone got any suggestions for a central venue - that's got indoors and outdoors and people can buy food and drink.

We would love to have photos of people training and preparing for the event - so please send them to me for publishing on the Run 4 Ella team page - the funnier the better.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - Ian will be doing his Run for Ella here in Philadelphia, the 10 mile Broad Street Run, which is the same day as the Bristol 10K. I'll send you some info and some pictures of him in a separate email. Now I have to decide when I will do my Run for Ella, most probably on Saturday 4th May in Valley Forge Park. I will try and recruit some friends to run with me. We will need to buy some outlandish T shirts from you, so keep us posted on that.

    Wish we could be in Bristol but at least we can contribute to the fund raising. Love GAJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gaynor - count me in. I'm more likely to be walking but I'll be there. I'll need a shirt too!!

    Jo - I smile every time I see Ella's beautiful face.

    Lots of love to you
    Gaynor's friend, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The team is going to be incredible! I am really looking forward to race day (which is probably a first!!) and the outlandish t-shirts :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, spoke to Andy Tarzey via e-mail the other day for the first time in years. My brother and I will be doing the run but no chance I'll be scaring people with photos of me training! Looking forward to joining the team and thanks to CJ for encouraging me to run for the first time in my life.

    ReplyDelete